Bluehost began in 1996 and is among the pioneering web hosts. Since then, it has become a familiar and preferred brand it the world of WordPress hosting. Bluehost is even officially recommended by WordPress as a hosting provider.
If you never want to worry about the site getting slower because of a huge volume of traffic, then Bluehost is definitely something to consider. They have expert support available to you 24/7 if you ever need them. You can reach them through live chat, email, or phone.
Bluehost is a top-rated choice when it comes to small business web hosting. Apart from that, they even offer WPBeginner users with a discount of 63% off, Free SSL, Free Domain, as well as a free Site Builder along with templates.
As mentioned above, Bluehost started its operation in 1996 and it grew steadily since then. It has become one of the biggest companies in the world for web hosting. At present, it powers over two million websites across the different countries.
Bluehost has been in collaboration with WordPress for a long time. And since 2006, they are even recommended by WordPress as a hosting company. One of the many things to love about Bluehost is their customer support that are available 24/7, outstanding hosting infrastructure, as well as support for WordPress and other options for free open source software.
Benefits of Using Bluehost
Any web hosting company has two sides, the pros and the cons. Sometimes, the pros outweigh the cons. However, there are some cons that simply cannot be ignored. In this section, let’s take a look at benefits of using Bluehost.
- Pricing – When it comes to the price, the hosting plans from Bluehost are within the budget of many users, especially those who are still working on establishing their business. Investing in Bluehost is very affordable and is also well worth it.
- Reliability – Bluehost can power a huge number of sites. The downtimes are minimal and isn’t something that you should worry about.
- Other charges – When you sign up for an account with Bluehost, you won’t be surprised with any hidden charges. They give you the amount that you only have to pay for and no other extra fees.
- Free domain – Upon signing up, you also get a domain name for free for up to a year.
Downsides of Using Bluehost
Even if using Bluehost has many advantages, there are also some disadvantages. Before choosing Bluehost, it is best that you know what the cons are so that you there are no surprises down the road. Knowing the disadvantages will also help you in making your decision about this web hosting company.
- Price for domain renewal – As compared to other web hosting companies, the price for the domain renewal with Bluehost is more expensive.
- Addons – When you sign up for an account with Bluehost, you may notice that they can be quite aggressive with upselling their add-ons. You don’t have to take the addons if you don’t need them. Simply uncheck the addons that you don’t need.
Every so often, we will be needing some help. That is why it is vital that you select a web hosting company that can provide assistance and support whenever you may need it. With Bluehost, there are various materials that you can use such as video tutorials, guides, and articles.
For beginners, this is very advantageous. You can readily search for answers from these materials if you ever have questions about Bluehost. If in case you do not find the information that you are looking for, you can also talk to a customer support representative.
Bluehost has a support system that is available for 24/7. Recently, they have removed the ticket-based support and instead focused on a more personal approach using live chat as well as phone-based customer support.
Ease of Use
Using Bluehost is easy. Even if you are just starting out and do not have a lot of ideas in building your own website yet, you can certainly create one using Bluehost. Whenever you may need help about your website, you can always call their customer support staff and they can walk you through the process.
Support is available any time of the day and any day of the week. So, regardless of the time zone that you are in, you can be sure that there will be someone on the other end who can accommodate your inquiry and help you in building your website.
Billing Options & Packages
With Bluehost, you have a wide array of hosting plans that will certainly fit with your budget. They have WordPress hosting, WooCommerce hosting, cloud hosting, dedicated server, VPS, shared hosting, and a lot more.
Here are the hosting plans that you can get with Bluehost.
- Shared hosting – this is a great way of starting a new site that is still trying to build up traffic volume. With a shared hosting environment, the site will be sharing serving resources with various other sites.
- Cloud hosting – this type of hosting is a reliable upgrade if you want to move up from the shared hosting package. With cloud hosting, you can use numerous cloud servers that allows your site to switch automatically to another server in the event of high traffic or hardware failure.
- WordPress hosting – this package is specifically designed for websites that are powered by WordPress. It also has features that can offer protection from common threats for your WordPress site.
- WooCommerce hosting – being the most popular WordPress plugin for eCommerce, WooCommerce lets you start your own online store using WordPress. You get to have the necessary features so you can begin building your e-commerce store.
- Virtual Private Server hosting (VPS) – this one is a WordPress hosting upgrade. In a shared environment, you get to have virtual dedicated resources.
- Dedicated server hosting – having a dedicated server for the site means that you have all of the server’s resources for your use. A disadvantage here is that management of the server is going to be your responsibility.
All of these Bluehost hosting packages lets you easily install WordPress with just a single click. The packages also come with a hosting control panel that is easy to use. You can create databases, manage hosting, and other important tasks.
As for the shared hosting package for your starter website, there are three levels that you can choose from. Here is the breakdown of each of the plan from Bluehost shared hosting package.
- Basic – With this plan, you can host one site. You can have one domain and then twenty-five subdomains, five email accounts with 100M of storage, 50GB of overall storage. The first term is at $2.95 a month. Upon renewal of the account, the rate will be at $7.99 monthly.
- Plus – Plus plan gives you unlimited sites along with unlimited bandwidth and web space. You will also be getting an unlimited number of email accounts. For the first term, the rate will start at $5.45 monthly. And then upon renewal, you will have to pay $10.99 monthly.
- Prime – With the Prime plan, you will have all of the features that you get from the Plus plan. Apart from that, you will also have domain privacy as well as SiteBackup Pro as an extra. This is worth about $80 annually. For the first term, the Prime plan has the same rate as the Plus plan at $5.45 a month. Upon renewal of the account, you will have to pay $14.99 monthly.
When you are just starting your site, you can choose from among the Bluehost plans we have shared above. You can start with the basic if you want to try out Bluehost first and then if you like what you are getting, then you can upgrade accordingly. Upgrading your hosting plan is the next step when you see that your website is growing. And just like any process with Bluehost, it is very easy to upgrade your hosting plan from Basic to Plus or Prime.
Do We Recommend this Host?
By now, you may be thinking if this hosting company is the most fitting choice for your site. Bluehost ranks as the top hosting company by numerous websites. They provide a wide array of hosting plans along with so many features that makes it very easy for you to build your site.
For all of the hosting plans, you get 24/7 of expert customer support. You can be sure that the staff who are going to take your call or message are knowledgeable and can help you resolve whatever issues you may be having.
Another plus about Bluehost is that they have starter plans that are affordable and you can expect that it will fit your budget, especially if you are just starting out. You can try the shared hosting plan first since it’s the most affordable one and you get the tools you need for your site. With the steady growth of your website, you can then upgrade the hosting plan as you desire.